Wednesday, June 1, 2016

one back, one forward, one back, back, back

The other day in one of my many tearful calls to my husband after a doctor's appointment I said, 'who needs valleyfair when you have the rollercoaster that is our fertility'. It's up and it's way, way down - and I never ever know what's going to happen when I walk into that clinic. 

This cycle started on Femara and an increased dosage from last cycle's try. 
  • Appointment 1: Doc didn't seeing any follicle growth and was visibly disappointed with the progress.
  • Appointment 2: There was a little something there, enough that we could schedule another ultrasound (and get my hopes up).
  • Appointment 3: A little follicle growth from appt 2. We decided to give it 5 days, ultrasound again and see where we were at.
  • Appointment 4: Growth had halted. Cancelled cycle. See you next 'month' (I use month in quotes because for normal women, cycles are a month. For me; they could be years).
What a kick in the gut!

When the nurse called to give me the news she stuck to the party line in the infertility world ... "your best bet here is to try IVF". 
Gee, thanks. Call and give me terrible news and throw that at me... in a voicemail. 

What now?
Since there is not a response to the medicine that we're currently using we will have to jump up to injectables or gonadotropins. 


And, because it's better to laugh then cry - here is some infertility humor. Enjoy.









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips