Tuesday, June 28, 2016

memory lane

When I look back over my life there are moments and even whole days where every detail is so vivid. It is like the universe implanted the memory so deeply and clearly, there is no way I could forget. I remember exactly what I was wearing, exactly how I felt and exactly the way that day or moment impacted my life.

A few of these moments are: The day we first visited the Humane Society of pick out Charlie. The day Parker was born. The day we moved into our house. And undoubtadly the most important; June 29, 2006.

June 29, 2006.

It was a typical summer day - I slept in and worked at the country club. It's all pretty mundane until I did something so typically Amanda it hurts; locked my keys in my car. I remember panicking because Phil and I had our first date and I didn't want to be late! Fortunately a locksmith wasn't far and was on my way. 

By the time I got home I was freaking out because I had no clue what I was going to wear. Kaylee came over and helped me pick out a super original outfit; jeans and a white T. 

When Phil picked me up he came to the front door to get me and opened all my doors. I remember thinking that this is how a girl should be treated. We had a super glamorous meal at Champps. I remember where we sat and what we ate. I remember the complete lack of awkwardness.

At the end of the night we hugged (ass out :)). 10 years later; here we are with a pretty spectacular life together. 

Cheers to my main man. It's been an amazing 10 years, here's to 100 more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips