Thursday, January 5, 2017

better. not bitter.

4 months since my last post. Sorry. I spent way too much time thinking about a clever re-intro, but came up with nothing. 

In the land of fertility treatments, nothing is new. We attempted two additional cycles since I last blogged with no success. And then the deja vu sets in; at a routine appointment my doctor noticed that my prolactin levels were increased - she ordered an MRI - the MRI was normal - I was referred to an endocrinologist - endocrinologist prescribes medication - we take a break. 
Sound familiar? If no, check out this post. 

In other news; I got inked. For my birthday, my incredibly thoughtful husband dog surprised me.. big time. The consult, appointment, everything was setup and ready for me. I was in awe of his thoughtfulness. So, what does my tattoo mean? It's initials and in morse code: 

PM, BM, CM

PM - Y'all should get this one. 

BM - Blube Mahal. When we were pregnant and found out that the pregnancy was lost, the baby was the size of a blueberry and we affectionately called it Blube. I'm not still 'holding on' to the loss or dwelling on the past, but Blube has shaped my life, marriage, strength, personality.. everything. It is a constant reminder (when I remember that I have a tattoo ;)). 

CM - Charlie Mahal. This is for the girl that made me a dog mom. I'll go ahead and spare the corniness, but her initials deserve a place on me forever. 




And, finally to the title of this blog post; better. not bitter. It is the New Year after all and time for resolutions. I want to be a better person, drink good wine, be thoughtful, have fun, try new things and be the best me. I can spend my time wallowing and being sad or I can be better.

Until next time... 






SaveSaveSaveSave

1 comment:

  1. But since you are married to "Bitterman" you kind of technically are "bitter" - but in a good way
    Good post, well written :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips