Wednesday, May 2, 2018

pins & needles

One month and oh, so much has happened. 

Our clinic requires that we setup a 3-hour appointment to sign consent forms, perform a trial transfer (so the real embryo transfer goes off without a hitch) and discuss the plan one last time with our doc. 

Every minute of this massively long appointment went great. Everything has gone great. 

Until... 

The prescriptions. This was a debacle. 

DEBACLE.

My full list of medications was sent to the [crappy] pharmacy on Monday. I called a few times each day to make sure things were moving along as we're on a pretty tight timeline and we needed the goods by Friday. At the very latest.

Needless to say, I've cemented my position on their 'do not answer' list, but I finally recieved confirmation that our 15 pound box of drugs would be delivered on Friday between 8 am - 8 pm & needed to be signed for. Luckily, we have flexible jobs and were able to tag team all day so at least one of us was home.

4 - no package

5 - no package

6 - no package

At 6:45 I received a call from the [crappy] pharmacy with an unrelated question and while I had them on the phone... 

Um, It's 6:45, any idea when my package will be delivered?

Oh, someone was supposed to call you and let you know that it will be delivered tomorrow between 8 and 8. Looks like they didn't. You'll have it by tomorrow at this time. 

No.

And the flood gates opened. Through deep sobs, I begged her to do something.

At 9am the next morning the doorbell rang and I was greeted with a large package. Another Amazon box? No, just my mountain of medications. They're damn lucky too or they would have had an angry Phil and a crying Amanda after them. 

...

A typical day includes 2 injections, 2 AM pills and 4 PM pills. We are 5 days into this routine and I manage to go from the cool, confident girl to the over-googling, worried girl... in the same hour... and then back again. But, if I am being completely honest with you (and myself), all the needles, probes, worries and tears will all be worth it this time, or next time or the next time. 

Thank you to every single person who has sent us love & encouragement. 

On that note, I'm signing off.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips